Re: Synthetic Longevity WAS: Oil filters

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 21:29:46 EDT

My understanding is Synthetic is simply a 'cleaner' oil, unlike Dino oil
which could have many other trace components that create buildup and so
forth ?? Also, because the Synthetic is an engineered product, it supposedly
maintains its consistant structure under stricter guidlines than the natural
product which 'natural' has variations. I believe it more a matter of
contamination than actual oil 'breakdown'. (I gotta get some sleep)

I'm no oil expert mind ya...but I have a number of friends who have sworn by
it........and my experience has been that it seems to run cleaner (based on
how it looks draining out during oil changin time compared with typical dino
oils). Wish I had some tech info on the two, but it seems that everything I
have read on the net is either bias or word-of-mouth facts.......kinda like
what I just typed up top.......:-) Maybe....someday.....when I have a bunch
of free time on my hands...I'll run my own tests in the lab.

I'm happy with synthetic myself...and until I see some scientific proof that
there is no advantage to running it.......I'll keep using it.

Anyway...anyone who has taken a course in statistics can tell ya that data
from the same test can be analyzed and displayed in such a fashion to pretty
much support any hypothesis someone wishes to make, depending on thier goal.

""kwreimer"" <kwreimer@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Synthetic is a waste of MONEY' MEN. I seen oil tests and there really is
no
> difference in oil breakdown, between the two oils.

Mobil1