RE: Good Loud Muffler (racing only)

From: tmfu (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 09:25:42 EDT

> I am really getting into this autocross stuff, I went to SCCA race this
> weekend, did race, but this weekend is my opening run, I am gunna get
> slaughter, but that the point, no mopds to the suspension except rear
> lwoering blocks, so there is MUCH to be done, anyways I loved the
> opened up exhuast sound around the track, so whats a good one to simly
tuirn down
> (putting a regular one back on during the week) Just wodnering
> what you all think (CHEAPER IS BETTER!) I might jsut striaght pipe it for
> this weekend, (witha turndown of course...)

Just use a Flowmaster for both street & AutoX. I believe SCCA rules state
you MUST have a muffler. Go to www.scca.org and www.autox4u.com for
rules/classes. Using a straight pipe could cause you to lose too much torque
which you would need the most when exiting out of turns to get the truck
moving again. Doing too many mods to your ride may put you in a higher
class. Also as a suggestion take a HPDE course, or get as much seat time
with a SCCA instructor. Learn to drive first before modding your truck.
You'll be faster.

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway, NJ