Hurst Shifter & 2001, NV3500 tranny

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 04:27:11 EDT

Guys,
    Going to put the Hurst shifter (391-0155) in the DAK this weekend.
Decided to make sure I had everything I needed before I started the job. I
got a new cup bushing (5012020AA) to go on the end of the shift lever from
dealer, I figured I'd replace it just for good measure.
    WELL, I get home and look at the ball on the end of the new Hurst lever.
Guess what, the Hurst ball has the same outside diameter as the bushing. This
version of the Hurst won't use a cup isolator. It may be a bit noisy but it's
going to be a solid shifting lever. Hurst uses rubber isolators between the
stick and the assembly that bolts onto the tranny. They also furnish a gasket
for the transmission top too. No need to reuse the old gasket.
    Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01