Re: 360 swap currently underway

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 02:39:13 EDT

Michael Clark <mike@mikesdakota.com> wrote:
:> Michael Clark <mike@mikesdakota.com> wrote:
:> : Just a few pics of the 318 coming out and the empty engine bay.......

:> : http://www.mikesdakota.com/360/solong.jpg
:> : http://www.mikesdakota.com/360/empty.jpg

:> Congrats, Mike! Good luck with the rest of the swap!
:> (I see you have the same WalMart special work light that I do. :-) Is
:> it just me, or does that thing give you headaches too? A couple of
:> hours working with that thing glaring near my eyes and I'm ready for
:> some asprin!)

: You talking about that yellow flourecent drop light? What can I say,
: I'm cheap. I had to pick up something and it's better than those
: $4.95 incandecent drop lights with the metal speaker shaped
: reflctor... ;-)

  Yep. I hate that thing with a passion. :-) Oh sure, it started
innocently enough... A nice cheap light that seemed to cast a
decent amount of light. Then I discovered that after working with
it a while, it would intentionally turn to blind me and give me
headaches. It seems that whenever I am working below the engine and
then go up top to adjust something, that stupid light is always aimed
right at me so I can't see a darn thing. It also doesn't like to hang
the way I tell it to, and enjoys dropping to the concrete. (To its
credit, it hasn't broken yet...) When it *does* hang up there, it will
invariably send telepathic messages to my brain and the components I am
working on, causing me to need to adjust my position, which will put the
light RIGHT in my way. (Causing me to need to move it to a different
location where it won't hang, so I have to stick it somewhere else which
means it doesn't illuminate diddly, except for my face, I'm sure it
lights that up nice and bright as it tries to blind me, just before
slipping off onto the concrete, or my head if its really got its act
together. Why, just today, it pulled partway out of the socket while
I was under the cuda, which tripped a GFI; the same one my main computer
is on, of course. What's worse, is I had some pics sitting in photoshop
from the digital camera which are now lost forever.

   Its not just a drop light, its my nemesis! Its evil, I tell you!
(You have been warned.) ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'