RE: Went looking at the 2002 Dakota...confused!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 21:25:49 EDT

Its first use is as the optional engine on the Jeep Liberty, but it was/will
be followed quickly by use as the 2002 Dodge Ram's base engine. In both
cases, the 3.7 V6 is mated to a five-speed manual transmission or an
automatic. Basically this engine is the 4.7 with two cylinders chopped off.
I have no idea when it will be scheduled for the Dakota.

The engine we should all be looking for is the all-new 5.7 liter V8 with
hemi heads - in short, a 354 Hemi - in late 2001. This engine, which is
revolutionary in its retrospective technology, will replace the 5.9 liter V8
(360) at long last. Estimated HP is one HP per cubic inch.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD