Re: power rack leak?? Weak link?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:34:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/2001 10:59:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
gg428@hotmail.com writes:

<< now at 54,000 my replacement rack has sprung a leak. is it because of my
 275 nitto's were the rack's not designed for big tires?

 is there a different part # rack on the rt's? >>

They could be telling the truth.. somewhat.. I believe the R/T has a
different ratio rack in it. but if the rack is done anything like the brakes
on the Gen III's.. they put one on that was good enough but nothing
spectacular. It could be the extra force required to turn the bigger tires
is overwhelming the pressure seals in it.. IF you decide to go aftermarket
you should be able to get one from:
www.woodwardsteering.com

They make them for many various racing applications.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo