power rack leak?? Weak link?

From: greasy (gg428@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:09:42 EDT

ok guys, I had my steering rack in my 99 318 cc sport 2wd truck replaced at
28,000 mi, the dealer claimed it was my 265 bfg's

now at 54,000 my replacement rack has sprung a leak. is it because of my
275 nitto's were the rack's not designed for big tires?

is there a different part # rack on the rt's?

the leak is coming from the drivers side of the rack, and it is not leaking
from a hose fitting, but from the widget screwed into the bottom of the
rack, or the cross tube between the side boots.

any body else had any similar problems?