Re: Audio advice? (Quality of X-Plod system?)

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 16:48:24 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Hey, speaking of which... When I put
> my car specs in, it only showed me a single pair of two way Xplod 6x9s, when I
> went to the 3 way Xplod 6x9s, it said they "would not fit my vehicle".
> Isn't a 6x9 a 6x9??? Why would one 6x9 fit and another wouldn't? Is
> the bolt pattern different? I'm not real worried about it, this car is
> already cut up so if I have to modify something to get them to fit I'm
> certainly not afraid to do so. (As far as non-cosmetic and non-structural
> stuff goes, anyway...)

Crutchfield may not take into account bolt patterns. But I'll bet they do consider
the mounting depth. Also, keep in mind that this is a 31 year old car, so their
data, or the data supplied to them, may not be complete.

Check the space you have available against the dimensions & space requirements of a
few makes & models of speakers. You'll surely find another set that will fit.

-andy