Re: Audio advice? (Quality of X-Plod system?)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 19:43:07 EDT

Patrick Delgado <dadoctah@vitelcom.net> wrote:
: 2 good 6X9's should give you more bass and volume than the dak infinity
: system-even without an amp. but to get a good "stereo effect" you need
: speakers up front. Even small speakers(3.5-4") will give you the sound
: effect desired but they need to have the bass filtered out. If there is
: absolutely nowhere you'd be willing to install front speakers, you can use
: surface mounts. there are full-range surface mount "boxes" or consider the
: JBL GTO220's-surface mount tweeter/midranges. They are limited range but
: they fit anywhere.
: Patrick Delgado

   So, if I install front speakers, I should probably not worry about
having any bass up there, and just use midrange and tweeters?

: BTW-you could probably do better than that sony deal price/qualitywise.

  What would you recommend? I don't have any particular leanings
toward one brand or another, though I'd like to stay away from
the really cheap ones... I just gravitated towards the Xplodes
because of their looks initially (yeah, I'll admit it) ;-) but was
just looking for a reasonably good system with a cheap price tag.
I guess it doesn't matter TOO much, but I was thinking it would be
good to have the whole system be the same manufacturer, so when I
saw the Xplod mp3 player head unit I gravitated towards the other Xplod
stuff...

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'