Re: Re: Aftermarket Muffler Options

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 10:40:05 EDT

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Sterling wrote:

> Stick with flowmaster, I got a Ravin, it sounds great outside but the incab
> noise level is nearly unbarable. And who says you can't put a 3" on any
> model of Dakota?

I thought it depended on single -vs- dual exhaust, and for the 4.7, a dual
3 inch exhaust would actually rob you of power and decrease HP and/or
torque.

For best performance gains for the 4.7, believe the common thought is to
go with a 3 inch single exhaust.

Now as regards to gibson -vs- flowmaster on the single exhaust, I've seen
quite a few posts saying people were disappointed with the gibson (not
much louder than stock) and took them off and re-installed a flowmaster
setup.