Re: Re: truck wont start help!!!!!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 23:35:50 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/01 10:26:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
moperbob@home.com writes:

<< I had the same issue with my '66 Coronet before resotring it. It turned
out
 to be the voltage regulator had shorted out. The new ones are built into
 the Altenator, so I would start looking there. The guage would show the
 altenator working, but the voltage regulator would prevent the current from
 going to the battery. >>

Actually, on Gen-II models, the voltage reg is built into the puter.
Probably the same with Gen-IIIs and some Gen-Is.

The other Will