Re: I hate this damn city!!!(everyone who replied)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 11:35:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/01 10:23:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
bsm11@cornell.edu writes:

<< Maybe I am stepping out of line here, but why would ANYONE expect
silencers
 to be LEGAL!? Is there REALLY a need for one, besides bumping someone off
 without anyone hearing it?

 Come on....get real people!

 If you are not talking about weapons, disregard my message.

 Brian S. Mingle >>

Brian,
    For the novelty of the item. I currently own three silencers. One I
have for my 10/22 22lr semi-auto rifle. I use it while squirrel hunting to
keep from scaring other squirrels away. I also have a silencer for my Kimber
45 ACP and a silencer for my Ruger bolt action 308 Winchester. A silenced
firearm is one that you just have to experience for yourself. It is a very
odd experiece to first hear the Ruger 308 fired unsilenced, then the same
firearm is fired with the silencer installed. By shooting super sonic ammo,
other than a somewhat loud "whoosh" noise, all you can hear is the super
sonic crack as the bullet breaks the sounds of speed going through the air.
Also being about to actually hear the bullet strike the target is weird.
Ever actually hear the paper tear as the bullet tore into it?? You should
try that at some point in time. Also, on the Kimber, I use the silencer to
help get people into firearms. Many people are scared of firearms, esp small
children, because of the noise. The silencer does not affect recoil, however
it does stop the loud crack of the 45acp once the trigger is pulled. Some of
us are very interested in many things dealing with firearms, and silencers
happen to be part of the whole firearm landscape. Silencers are widely used
in the military for special ops, recon and even some snipers. I enjoy all
the intricacies of silencers. They fascinate me the way they work.

The other Will