Re: Re: Rethinking my stereo plans

From: Jason&Sarah (Jason@spiritone.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 20:42:51 EDT

The total cost of my system was around $1100. I did go to many local shops,
car toys, best buy, stereo king, car stereo city, etc. Every item I was
after cost as much as $50 to $100 more than the net. Even when these stores
had thier amazing tent sales and end of the year closeouts you can still
save more money online. Aside from Crutchfield that is, they are also very
expensive. Plus the cost of installation was pretty high.
I got a Pioneer din and a half head unit
MB Quart components for the doors
Infinity Kappa 3 ways for the rear
Infinity Basslink
Pioneer 2 channel amp

I could have actaully done without the Infinity's for the rear, you can't
even hear them! I should have kept the stock speakers or left nothing back
there.
You can get that MTX thunderform with 2 10's and amplified for $499, which
really isn't too bad. Some websites do have it for cheaper.

Jason