RE: Anybody Body Drop a 96 Dakota???

From: Smokindakota (webmaster@smokindakota.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 17:46:49 EDT

Hate to break it to you buddy, but people lower trucks too. Your question is
like asking someone "why isn't your truck stock?". Here are some reasons why
I think someone should drop a "quality American truck".

(1) Looks Better (just an opinion)
(2) Handles better (unless you bag it)
(3) Catches people attention
(4) ITS NOT STOCK ! ! !

My truck is not body dropped, but bagged and lays crossmember. It would lay
frame, except the front leaf spring mount is 2 inches below the frame. I was
at the local street races this past weekend, not to race but to show off the
truck, and was the only bagged truck there. There is nothing like dropping
your truck and watching the sparks fly as your crossmember drags on the
ground and the sound of 100's of people cheering. It's better than racing,
to me at least.

Now in regards to Chris' original question, you will receive much more
information for your question on the sportruck.com forum or on the Minitruck
Mailing list, which is under Yahoo Groups, under minitrucks.

Steven
"Stock Sucks"
"If it doesn't rail, you failed!"

http://www.smokindakota.com