Re: Survey for V6 owners

From: jbleazard@Sympatico.ca
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 09:19:30 EDT

In article <004101c13a33$d9fa7ee0$2d909c18@hnsn1.on.wave.home.com>, 2punch.crash2000@home.com ("Punch/ Crash2000") wrote:

> 3. I have 3.55, would going to 3.92 make a big of the hop jump?? and what
> would it do to my Speedo?

I've got the 3.90 ratio from the factory... mostly what I notice is that I find
myself looking for 6th gear when cruising above 70mph. The RPMs get
pretty busy. But it's great for off-road crawling. Can't compare them to
the 3.55 since I've never driven a similar truck with those gears.

> 4. homebrew K&N, did you move the sensor farther from the airhat or just in
> the stock location?

Is this a genIII thing? I have a homebrew filter setup and the only
thing I had to worry about was the breather hose.

> 7. If your in Canada or even Toronto, where are you buying your parts from.

For maintenance and repair type items, I usually seem to end up at
Canadian Tire. They aren't that great, and they never stock anything
for any Chrysler products, but at least they have a huge warehouse
that they can order stuff from. Their stuff seems to be good quality,
and it's backed by a good warranty. The smaller shops I've been to
just give me dumb looks like they've never even heard of Dodge.

For upgrades and modifications, I usually end up getting stuff mail
order from the US, shipping it to Jon's place, and bringing it back
myself. Saves "international" shipping expenses. There must be
local shops where you can get these parts at a reasonable price, but
I haven't found any of them yet. Every place I've looked at for
mods is hugely expensive.

Hope that helps.

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@sympatico.ca Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white