Re: Re: HEY--NRA__still wanna fight

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:01:14 EDT

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Gus wrote:

> I don't believe NRA has ever supported plastic hand guns. Also at this
> point the only weapons known to have been used were knife like weapons.

Still trying to deal with the fact that plastic knives and box cutters
were the tools of the terrorists that allowed them to take control of 4
planes which became responsible for thousands of lost lives.

Airport security will surely change.

Onboard/inflight safety procedures will change, but how do you deal with
the human element: pilots being lured out from the cockpit due to the
threat of harm to the flight crew...where is that sleeping gas to the
cabin thing, that I've heard about...what about Flight Marshalls, will we
know have a gun packing FMs on every flight? Was there one on the plane
that crashed in PA (or did we shoot that one down?)