Re: Subject: Re: Re: Gun Control - (very very long)

From: Miles Harris III (mharris@bubbla.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 19:09:38 EDT

If we are talking about a armed Marshall being onboard, that might be a
deterrent. If we are talking about passengers being able to carry firearms
onboard, I'm sorry but that is just plain stupid. If I can carry a gun
onboard so can the terrorist.

Lets face it. These cowards had studied our airport security. They knew the
weaknesses and took advantage of those flaws. Flaws that need to be
addressed and changed. I've gone on planes with sets of tools including
razor blade type box knifes. No problem, however, they made me check my
cordless drill. Guess they thought I would start dismantling the plane in
flight.

One other thought and I will craw back into the shadows. We should not be
second guessing the passengers and crew of the four lost aircraft. We were
not there and cannot know all the events that led to yesterday's carnage. We
can hopefully learn from yesterday's attack and move forward (hard as that
is to do at this moment).

And Dwight in WI. Be patient. Soon the threads related to yesterday's events
will ease off and or move to off-topic. For now just let people vent.

Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA