Re: 4.7 70mm TB and IAT Adjustor Installed!

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 21:27:14 EDT

Check within.

Paul Macey wrote:

> Ran the truck with:
>
> 1) CHIP in/IAT off---seemed slightly sluggish compared to runs prior to
> installs, not really sure if I felt any difference with the 70mm TB -vs-
> stock 68mm TB

Probably is more sluggish off the line with an unlearnd PCM. One your PCM
gets up to date almost all the low end will come back. Try taking it to the
high end (5000+RPMs) you should feel a gain immediatly after install.

> Will have to get more experience and miles for the PCM to 're-learn' and
> adjust (do you folks agree on this, especially the part about the PCM
> re-learning?

Yes agree on PCM, The butt dyno will feel more HP and you milage would go up
if you could keep your foot out of it.

> Ok, now the funky stuff...had to use the original coupler from the stock
> z-tube to fit in the 4 inch end of the new coupler that came with the TB
> in order to get (IMHO) a snug, airtight mating of the z-tube to the TB
>
> I can't get the z-tube to stop rubbing on the A/C lines (it wasn't with
> the 68mm TB and using just one coupler)

I recomend the new intense intake (4")

> The truck twice came to idle at 1k and I couldn't get it to spool down
>
> Squealing and/or squeaking nosies are heard at times...

PCM learning will take care of most the ideling and squeaking. But it still
freaks every once in a while. I think the squeaking is air going the idle
control bypass hole thing.

Jay W