Re: Piston Coating in my Oil???

From: Wxman (wxman@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 21:01:40 EDT

Thanks, but I don't think that is it. I believe the flakes to be the
anti-scuff coating from the piston skirts. There is little doubt about that
now. My big question is, Should I worry about this? (clogging oil pickup
or an oil prot somewhere and causing oil starvation). Two different dealers
said it was normal. I went back to my regular dealer and tried to get
something in writing. They wouldn't do anything unless I left the truck in
the shop for them to look at. I made an appointment, but about thirty
minutes later they called and said DC would not authorize them to take of
the pan and look at the pistons as "nothing was wrong". I have the 7/100 $0
deduct warranty and they basicall told me, Don't worry, drive the truck, if
something does happen the warranty will cover it. I am afraid of "issues"
if a problem occurs because of oil startvation.

Thanks again,
Wxman
<Anthony_Gonatas@ars.aon.com> wrote in message

> This piston crown has an ash color, which shows that the engine has run
hot.
> The ash color is actually piston material that has started to flash (melt)
and