WARNING - BE PREPARED!!!

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 12:52:51 EDT

Computer attacks will likely get much worse in the months ahead.

PLEASE SECURE YOUR COMPUTERS AND NETWORKS AT HOME AND WORK!!! (yes, i
am 'shouting')

Don't let your machine become a base for attacks to be launched from!

This is a national security matter, there is no question about it.

If you don't know how to go about securing your machine, ask a friend
that does.

Push your IT folks at work to plug any leaks in their webservers,
firewalls, etc.

This is really important, guys.

Dakota content:
I drove my Dakota to Fry's to buy a copy of SuSE linux to put on my
firewall at home.

Marty

--
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
-- Thomas Jefferson