RE: Re: painting lower front valance & Painting Plastic

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@GD-WTS.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 12:28:14 EDT

A while back (check the date), Cal posted this email on "Bond-Aid". This
spring I painted my lower valance (airdam) with it. It works very nice. It
is very tacky. It remindes me of the difference between regular RTV, and
using "The Right Stuff". I didn't even scuff the exterior surface. I
washed the entire valance, then cleaned the surface several times with
laquer thinner. Sprayed the "Bond-Aid" and painted per instructions. I'll
let you all know how it holds up over time. Course you can all come to C@C
next year to see for yourselves. :'B

I also painted my grille, but didn't use the "Bond-Aid". It will be
interesting to see which one holds up better.

Rich - Ashburn, VA