Re: Re: HEY--NRA__still wanna fight

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 15:51:47 EDT

I don't see a point here other than the same tired one that the State
should be everybodies Daddy, one nation under disneyland, yada, yada,
yada. Ever heard the term 'boundary problems'? If you want to abdicate
liberty for yourself that is your prerogative, but this country was
explicitly designed to keep you from abdicating others' liberties for
them.

The men on flight 93 are role models to be followed, and if they, as
law-abiding citizens, had had knives, not only would they have succeeded
in foiling the terrorists as they did, but they may still be alive today
and with their loved ones. Its hard to say. But one thing is certain,
if you desire to control peoples' lives for what they *might* do, you
are beyond reasonable discussion.

This country just got a wake up call. Are we an open society based on
liberty and trust or not? More active liberty and less passive
dependency is what we need. The world has never been, nor ever will be,
a safe place, and I have had it up to here with people trying to feel
safe at my expense when my being armed and trained in reality makes any
place I am in safer for those around me.

So for those of you not man enough to stand up and fight, get behind
those of us who are. That is the least you can do.

And its the safest place to be.

I hesitate to write this next as its likely to cause some wet pants, but
personally, I think that CCW holders should be allowed armed on aircraft
as long as they have only frangible ammo in a 9mm or less caliber.

Imagine how different things may have been...

Adult animals protect themselves and their loved ones. We need to grow
up as a country.

One more thing: Given all the times that I've had to listen politely to
sheeple whine about the 'paranoia' of 'gun-nuts' all the while biting
back the bile in my throat; I will spell it out: just because you are
paranoid, doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

And they got us.

And the men among us will see justice done. While the sheeple continue
to bleet.

Marty

--
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
--The last words of Gen. John B. Sedgwick, 1864