Interior Wiring help needed

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 20:11:42 EDT

Hello,
I plan to install my first neon light, and would like to have the 'fused
distribution block' located in the last upper compartment on the overhead
console (think it is intended for a garage door opener). There is plenty of
space for the fuse block..and I don't use that compartment for anything, so
it will allow very easy access to the fuses if needed.

Additionally I may even put the lighted switch somewhere on this overhead
console as well....I'm looking at the "clip" location.

My question: I would like any suggestions on how I can run wires to this
area. I am slightly hesitant about pulling the roof lining apart as I have
never done this...so I don't know if it will go back the same way. I have to
run a wire from the relay (located in the engine compartment) to this dist.
block. I also have to run the sire from the neon light itself (currently
just a licence plate light.
I could really use some suggestions about WHERE the best places to run wires
are. For the upper console and running wires from the tailgate.

Note: I am not planning on using pre-exisiting wiring for any of my
connections. All my current and future neons will be on this dedicated fused
circuit. I am just not familiar with the interior body panels and good ways
and locations to run wiring.

TIA

--
Kevin Hoegen