Re: Interior Wiring help needed

From: Eric Giblock (egiblock@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 22:42:29 EDT

you can pull down the center console somehow.. i've never done it but when i
got my stereo system installed they did that. they ran about 8 wires to the
center console running from where the emergeny brake is up the left side and
tuck it in above the head liner from pshing it up from the front windshield.

ttyl

--
eric giblock
student / webdesigner (www.gibsdakota.com)

""Kevin (MAGNUM S/T) Hoegen"" <kevinhoegen@email.com> wrote in message news:9o630s$966$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > Hello, > I plan to install my first neon light, and would like to have the 'fused > distribution block' located in the last upper compartment on the overhead > console (think it is intended for a garage door opener). There is plenty of > space for the fuse block..and I don't use that compartment for anything, so > it will allow very easy access to the fuses if needed. > > Additionally I may even put the lighted switch somewhere on this overhead > console as well....I'm looking at the "clip" location. > > My question: I would like any suggestions on how I can run wires to this > area. I am slightly hesitant about pulling the roof lining apart as I have > never done this...so I don't know if it will go back the same way. I have to > run a wire from the relay (located in the engine compartment) to this dist. > block. I also have to run the sire from the neon light itself (currently > just a licence plate light. > I could really use some suggestions about WHERE the best places to run wires > are. For the upper console and running wires from the tailgate. > > Note: I am not planning on using pre-exisiting wiring for any of my > connections. All my current and future neons will be on this dedicated fused > circuit. I am just not familiar with the interior body panels and good ways > and locations to run wiring. > > TIA > > -- > Kevin Hoegen > 99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC > http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen > Flowmaster 3-chamber Dual outlet > Stillen RP w/Dual Hooker Euro tips > Quick-D TB/K&N Intake > 180 RS T-stat/Taylor wires/Autolite plugs > Centerforce II clutch > SpeedTweaks IAT adjuster...etc....etc > (add your link to my site: http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen/links.html ) > > >