Re: Re: Interior Wiring help needed

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 23:45:37 EDT

"Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\ wrote:

> Thanks Andy. I like the pilar idea...it popped out rather easily..but I am
> a bit nervous about pulling the material back...will it go back in place??
> .....or do I 'feed' the wire thru somehow without peeling the material
> back (I thought it might be glued to the top, so I don't wanna peel it
> away and find out that it won't stick back up :-)

If the wires are small enough and/or there are few enough, you may be able
to just tuck it up there along the windshield without pulling the headliner
at all. When you get to the center of the windshield, run straight back
outside the headliner (so you can see the wire) and into a hole in the
front of the console. Probably the cleanest install you'll get without
pulling the headliner.

> Any hints on path to take when I run wires from the rear licence plate? I
> have to run a single wire all the way to the console...I'm guessing I have
> to run the wire below the bed exterior and somehow feed it into the cab.
> Thought someone might know where there is an existing harness I can follow
> to the interior of the cab.

That's a real tough one. I can't think of anything that'll be easy.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com