elec. fans (anyone use perma "hipo")

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mikemeyerhoff@kc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 22:53:59 EDT

I'm considering ordering two perma-cool hipo 14" fans. I know many DMLers
use the Blackmagics and like them, but was looking at other solutions.

The 14" is rated at 2950CFM which is probably overrated, but still going
with dual 14" fans should give me more flow than a Blackmagic. It will
also give me some redundancy incase one fails. I could easilly make a
custom fiberglass shroud to make it look all purdy and it will cost about
the same overall.

Any thoughs on this or the quality of PermaCool "hipo" fans?
mm