Re: V6 vs V8 vs 4.7L

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 22:58:29 EDT

Hmmm.Let`s see........a 3.9 liter V6.Double-shot
peened crank,3" intake valves (4" exhaust),bored PAST
the water jackets;as a matter of fact,ACTUALLY USING
THE WATER JACKETS AS SUPPLEMENTAL CYLINDERS,and
stroked so far I had to use rebound bumpers in the oil
pan for the connecting rods,to achieve a final
displacement of 467 cu.inch,V6.Also has a 98mm
throttle body hand-fabricated from plutonium,and runs
18 to 1 compression ratio,and that`s with straight
10W30! Last dyno test confirmed 2300 horsepower and
3100 ft.lbs. of torque! With a 3.9! I tell ya,it don`t
take much to wake these little things up!! Let`s put
it this way: If I so much as bump my foot against that
accelerator pedal unintentionally with the truck in
gear,the whole ass end just rips right out from
underneath the truck and the tires just disintegrate
into crispy shards.Now THAT gets expensive. :)
Will wrote:

> Hmmm, let's see. 5.9 block bored 30 over, stroked
> to 4.00" to make a 408.
> Paxton blower, NOS custom plumbed nitrous two stage
> setup, custom made full
> length tuned headers, custom made 53mm tb, Autolite
> 3922's, 160 degree stat,
> K&N filter, FMS injectors, Flowmaster true dual 3"
> exh with x-over pipe,
> narrowed 9" with 3.90 gears and a Strange Spool and
> Strange SS/T axles 35
> spline, very heavy duty built A-500 trans, and well
> over 1000 rear wheel hp
> and just as much torque to play with. Now that
> makes for one HELLUVA ride.
> d;o)
>
> The other Will
> The replacement Griffin radiator will be here
> tomorrow!! Woo hoo!!! Now I
> can DRIVE her again!!

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.