Re: New Virus -NIMBDA

From: Ransom T Holbrook (ransom@setel.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 06:53:37 EDT

The virus was released this past weekend and McAfee didn't have a DAT for
it. We have a similar setup, of one way in and out ... but when your
corporate website is infected, it ain't good. Basically every computer in
our state network has it and I would guess that most corporations have it.
We have only about 5 machines that show any symptoms locally, but yesterday
we checked about 200 machines and they ALL have it..

DAK related, I'll probably will be hauling a lot of computers into the
office over the next 2 weeks into the tech office..