RE: New Virus -NIMBDA

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 23:34:24 EDT

That's all we have open...and we don't use public addresses for the
internal machines. One way in...one way out (even that is monitored and
filtered). We still haven't had a single hit. On the users machines,
McAfee is updated on a weekly basis with the security set on the highest
level and they can't turn it off.

There's much more than just this in the actual security of the end user
machines (Windows2000 base with a few '98 test stations) but if the
admins set it up right the first time, these problems don't happen.
Plus, a monthly reminder about email viruses and current virus "issues".

Related to Daks...well, I drive my dak to work and to my business every
day. (Will that work?) ;)

- Bernd