RE: RE: Re: New Virus -NIMBDA

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 01:25:33 EDT

Tell me about it. I worked from 7:30 Tuesday morning straight thru to 4:30
Wednesday evening, then came back in at 5:00 Thursday morning and I'm still
here (12:30 Friday morning)...just got the e-mail server back up about an
hour ago and tweaked the PIX to funnel to it...the server it *was* pointing
to is complete toast. 9 NT servers, 3 Snap servers, and 100+ workstation mix
of everything from Win95 to 200 Pro and tons of users with MSNBC as their
home page...it spread like wild fire. The always lax CEO is now whistling
another tune and listening to me about security concerns after being in
various stages of effectively out of business for 2 days. Unfortunate that
it took all of this for them to finally start taking me seriously,
especially since I have to mop it all up (only a 2 man IT department).

-Rodney