Re: Illuminated rocker switch...electrical question

From: Dakota Dodge (dakotasdodge@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 12:42:12 EDT

Actually, the power switch is needed to give the "load" juice to run. So
any 12volt source will do. Im not familiar with the overhead consoles, and
how they are wired, but to make it easy, just run a new 16-18 gauge lead
from the fuse box, tapped into one of the spare fuses, or even "piggybacked"
onto one of the big 15 / 20 amp fuses in there.

The ground is the wire that help "illuminate" the light. The light is fed
through the "power" source and the ground obviously just completes the
circuit.
Dakota Dodge
Profile at:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/XgAJPmbQu2jpA/profile.htm