RE: Gas Mileage and Rear Suspension Poping

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 00:10:21 EDT

Not to worry Carl, the Rotary engines make more power per cubic inch
than any other engine. (And damn they're easy to rebuild.) ;) (Used
to work for a Mazda dealer in San Jose long time ago.)

The V6 has A LOT of potential and the mileage isn't all that bad...18mpg
is actually pretty darn good for the 3.9L V6.

O2 sensors: 60K miles
Cap/Rotor: 10K-15K miles (7500 miles with MSD system)
Plugs: Stay away from Borscht Platinums or +4's - Autolite 5224 (OEM)
or 3923 (Better)

The popping noise is the standard "Bed Pop" TSB. The dealers can fix
this...it's the cab mounting bolts that cause the pop.

- Bernd
1997 Dodge Dakota V6 - Supercharged @ 10#
http://www.speedtweaks.net