Re: BRAND NEW NITROUS KITS FOR 92-99 3.9,5.2,5.9 DAKS

From: RDPerform@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 03:41:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/01 2:11:17 AM, acolona@charter.net writes:

<< okay, on this one I have to completely and utterly kind of disagree with
you

:). On fuel injected vehicles dry is the way to go IF YOU SET IT UP RIGHT

AND DO NOT CUT CORNERS. >>

RIGHT! There are pros and cons ..... are your injectors up to the match? If
so, dry is the way to go , but for running high HP apps on cast pistons, I'd
rather do it the old fashion way.

<< fuel injected intakes are simply not designed for

wet kits, that's why nos no longer makes wet kits for any fuel injected

vehicles, so anyone who disagrees with me can call nos and get a much more

detailed explanation than i have time for. >>

Right, these manifolds are designed for flowing air , the gas gets shot right
at the valve or, atleast that's the theory. (just like on a dry kit!)

<< On fuel injected vehicles dry is the way to go IF YOU SET IT UP RIGHT

AND DO NOT CUT CORNERS. fuel injected intakes are simply not designed for

wet kits, that's why nos no longer makes wet kits for any fuel injected

vehicles, so anyone who disagrees with me can call nos and get a much more

detailed explanation than i have time for. >>

Exactly. Wet kits are still the way to go balls to the wall IMO, but puddling
can be a concern, depends on the app........ camaros, mustangs, dodges, etc

for a small, reliable shot where the injectors wont lock, the dry kits work
absolutely great, as long as the injector can handle the extra load. no
locking at high psi.

<< These motor's are

very resilient and you can make a very nice wet kit for them and safely run

a 150 shot with a few safety issues (colder plugs,.....etc.), however I

believe a 200 is pushing it but definately possible. I have video and slip's

of several trucks with these wet kit's on them running without incident, 96

dak 318 at 11.80's, 99 r/t in the mid 12's, a 97 v6 running 13.80's.....,

and I've personally seen at least a bottle a week shoved down the throat of

that 96 dak for a year and a half straight and still chugging. >

hehe.... my first exp. with a spray bar wet kit on a formula , went through
39 of the BIG 50lb bottles (me being who I am I can get Nytrous Plus (NOS +
Sulfer) cheap ..... took the 15.5 @ 88 mph to 12.50s @ 108 mph ..... no
change, just the bottle ......

waaaa.... :) I've been on both sides of the camps ! dry vs wet (nitrous) vs a
supercharger... i'll be here for hours writing that up :/

ttyl
Patrick