first wreck, Thank god it's not the dakota

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 06:29:03 EDT

Getting the link:
http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/Dester223/civicwreck.htm

Well, I went out with some friends tonite to the pool hall since it was
kinda cold to chill and talk outside. We finished playing and planned to go
and eat at Denny's, but I was kinda tired so I rolled on home with my newly
acquired 92 civic 4 door.

So.... I'm going around this freaking turn (your average highway turn) and
the front end just buckles under and spins around, and I'm flying (less than
70 mph in a 60) down the highway in the opposite direction! I mean, I was
facing traffic (luckily it was 2:30 in the morning and there wasn't traffic)
sliding backwards. I got it to straighten out going backwards and I was
going to wait and let it come to a stop and JERK!!! the driver's front tire
had obviously blown and it immediately pulled the car to the left. Spun it
back around, and I was headed for the concrete median.

I couldn't steer, counter steer, brake or anything. It was just ERRR. and
boom after that. Front wheel drive SUX! I'm sticking to the dakota RWD
stuff....
-Chuong

PS> side note, I bought the civic to save gas/wear and tear on the dakota,
but I guess i'm gonna be burning some premuim supercharged 92 octane this
week and next. :(