Re: 3.55 rear end noise...what a Bitch!

From: JakeandReggie@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 04:59:23 EDT

I think I've got something like this happening too. I took my Dak in for what
I thought was a front-end noise. I was thinking the intermediate shaft
because of the sort of gind/rotation felt up front (going straight or
turning, doesn't matter). The tech tells the service manager that the noise
is coming from my rear-end and it's a pinion bearing grinding thats traveling
up the drive shaft being felt up front. So I go to the dealer and have this
guy ride with me to make sure that we heard the same noise. Sure as shit, we
hear the same noise so I guess I gotta take his word for it. Any thoughts on
this? Anyone else experience this?

JAKE