3.55 rear end noise...what a Bitch!

From: David Digney (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 17:23:36 EDT

Took my Dak into the dealer yesterday about the 3.55 noise.After 3 people
driving it,it was diagnosed as "pinion bearing" wear.Ok,so it would be fixed
yesterday....

WRONG!

2 mechanics got sick,and 1 hurt his arm.So i took her back today to be
done.They were going to replace all the diff bearings.They said the "noise"
i have now,could be gone,less,or more.Plus they said,i might have to have a
whole new rear-end,so as of now(1600 hrs),i may have a rental car overnight.

What i dont want,is my baby laid up for 1 week,till they get a new rear end
from Dodge.I'll go nuts..

Besides,i have 2 car shows this weekend,and i want my baby back.
I told them to replace the "pinion & ring" bearings,and be done with it..

I'll know more by 530pm...

Sheesh!

David A. Digney
00' Dakota Quad Cab 3.9 R/T,Magnum V6,42RE,3.55,Rancho RS5000 Shocks
Mobil 1 10w30,AC Oil Filter,Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler,K&N Home-Brew,
Gutter-Guard Grill Screen,Sport Masters Tonneau Cover
Member of the "Dakota Mailing List" & Wisconsin District Representative
Member of DakotaUSA & Wisconsin Chapter President
webpage at: "http://communities.msn.com/MyDodgeDakotaQuadCabsHome"