Re: Do not buy from MidnightMoose.com

From: hemi@charter.net
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 11:11:58 EDT

Jason -

If they are labeled as 100/80 Watt (wether or not they
actually are), then that's why they say "For Offroad or Show
Use Only". legally, you can't sell a bulb higher than the
stock 65/55 that is legal for on-hiway use.

Jack 3

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:49:29 -0500
 "KCDak" <jasonmanderson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, I set out to find a new set of replacement bulbs for
> my truck since the
> stock bulbs suck. I really couldn't find a set that
> everyone thought were
> good, so I decided to just buy a set of Xenon super white
> 100/80w bulbs,
> thinking that worse comes to worse they are just too
> bright. Well, I found a
> set on midnightmoose.com for $15 + $5 shipping. Well,
> they show up in the
> mail and I installed them. Well, to put it lightly, they
> SUCK. They are no
> better than the stock bulbs, and we all know how bad
> those are. I went back
> to look at the package and they say that they are for
> off-road or show use
> only. Which doesn't make any sense to me. I would think
> that that would just
> mean that they are too bright for the road. I then went
> back to their
> website to see if they mention anything about them being
> for only off-road
> or show use, and they don't. In fact they specifically
> sell them to replace
> the low and high beam lights. Oh and one other thing,
> this morning I was
> driving to work in the rain and I had to turn on my fog
> lights just to see.
> Yes, my 50w fog lights seem brighter than these in the
> rain. Ok, I'm done
> ranting now.
>
> Jason
> '00 Sport Quad 4.7L 4x4 3.55

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA
NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA
NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">
W Jack Hilton III
Dakota R/T Club Division 2 Rep.
www.DakotaRT.com