GROUP BUY - OBD-II Scan tool

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 17:24:44 EDT

Just some clarification. This is not a scan tool that will display it's own
information. From what I gather, this allows you to hook up your PC to the
OBD-II system so you can download the information onto your computer. It's
not one of these scan tools that has it's own display, etc. Your laptop
works as the display (right Bernd????). Course, if you have a garage, and
just want to connect to your cars OBD-II system while in the garage, could
hook it up to a desktop there... If you're really courageous, you could
get an AC/DC converter with 2 plugs, go and put your desktop and monitor in
your passenger seat, and get driving.. course, hope your HD doesn't get a
few bad sectors on the way :-)

BTW: So far, I have 11 people written down as interested/in (including
myself). I have made an inquiry to the maker and am awaiting a response.
Will deliver more info as I receive it.

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L (Quick-D intake, Gibson Catback, Hypertech PCM)
15.8 @ 85