MAP sensor

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 08:05:33 EDT

Hey guys,

    With all this talk about MAP sensors reading 11-13" at idle, I'm
wondering something. Since I put my 360 together, it has constantly read
16-18" of vacuum from the MAP sensor, and its hooked to the TB, not the
manifold. I was shocked when I first saw that. Is that odd? I haven't taken
a direct manifold reading yet, but I imagine its somewhere around 20-22".

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI, MP
R/T heads, Hughes' roller rockers, MP polished aluminum valve covers, ASP
crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel Supercoil,
Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires, Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch