Re: RE: Now - Turbo Dakotas-Tom

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 21:53:49 EDT

Steve,

1.3L, single turbo, intercooled, 20psi boost
MAKE TYPE COMPRESSOR TRIM TURBINE HSG A/R
   Garrett T3 40 0.49
HP:208

But remember these are just baseline numbers... a different combo may do
better...

Problem is handling the boost...

All calcs have been with intercoolers....allows for more boost...

We can figure out a good setup for you...but I think the T4 is a little on
the big side...

You might be able to use a twin turbo setup from an RX7 twin turbo....would
definitely work...I think they were 1.3L...

A few things to get the most accurate match....

max engine rpm, exact displacement, capability of handling extra
boost(forged crank, rods, pistons, etc.)

We could make it work.... might require NOS to help cool it more, and give
you the HP you want...

We'll talk more about it, I'm sure...

Later,
Tom "Slick"
"Maybe I need to start up my own turbo shop..."