Re: Water leak

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 20:01:24 EDT

Hopefully this is the final update on this problem:

Dealer sent the truck to a glass shop, they squirted black caulk in
the leaky area. Creased my headliner on the front edge but I can live
with that. They weren't going to replace the carpet, but I calmy said
'Yes, you are, its ruined and molding' and they wrote down the details
and are ordering the carpet. As the service manager is writing down
the details, he says 'This is the 3rd one of these we've seen'. So, I
guess leaky upper windshield seals are a common problem on Dak's?

So, hopefully this will all end on a happy note. but I guess I should
watch out for the floorboards to start rusting....Ugh.

Thanks for all the help guys.