Dynamat substitute

From: Raspa 4x4 (raspa4x4@texas.net)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 17:42:41 EDT

I recall a previous post where some DML'ers used 'snow & ice shielding' from
Home Depot instead of Dynamat for soundproofing their Daks. I went to my
local Home Depot, but didn't find it. I guess since I live in San Antonio,
we don't have much need for 'snow & ice' shielding. I want check some other
locations, but can someone tell me more about this stuff, so I know what I'm
asking for.

Does it come in rolls? does it have adhesive backing? In the roofing
application, is it installed under this roof shingles?

TIA
Vic