Re: Clutch Replacement Questions?

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 15:08:00 EDT

At 02:32 PM 10/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>1. Does the transmission need to be removed, or can it just be slid back
>and tilted down to do the replacement? I guess this would be as good a
>place as any to ask just how heavy that sucker is too?

Yes, and probably 125 or so pounds. Either a strong friend or two to
reposition it or a good transmission jack is required.

>3. I suppose its a good idea to replace the pressure plate along with the
>clutch. Would this be correct?

Usually comes as part of a kit with the clutch. So yes.

>4. I also suppose its a good idea to resurface the flywheel also. Would
>this also be correct?

Not "required", but highly recommended.

Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net
Parkinson's Law: Work expands so as to fill the time
                        available for its completion.