Re: 12 volt vs. 125vac

From: Jon (jons@laserdrive.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 07:19:37 EST

Chuck,

    Switches are rated in various ways. Normally a switch has an AC rating
and a DC rating. Since AC is alternating current, the switch in not at full
current (20A) all the time. Therefore the switch can take more AC current
than DC current. DC current is the same all the time. If you have 20A then
it's 20A constantly. Switch manufacturers rate their switches with an AC/DC
spec. An examply would be 125VAC/20A or 28VDC/20A.
I hope this helps. Yes your switch should work.

Jon