300 RPM surge with Cruise @75 in 1999 5.2l

From: Suter, Rick (RSuter@bizfon.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 09:20:10 EST

        With the help of members of the list the 300 RPM surge is FIXED!!!!
(at least a test drive where it normally would have done it seemed to show
it fixed. A 4 hour drive this w/e will decide for sure).

        And the answer was REPLACE THE TPS, even though it was not failing
any tests. An easy, five minute, $40 fix with only one small "trick" to
installation. Where the sensor slides onto the "tab" on the TB, it must be
"preloaded" the correct way. Simply cock it clockwise about 20 degrees,
slide it onto the "tab" all the way, then turn it back counter clockwise
until the screw holes line up. Bolt it on and enjoy your cruise control
working!

        I'm sorry to report that one other member of DML was experiencing
this same problem. I think his Dak had about 56,000 miles, but I could not
find his EMAIL address. I hope he sees this....

        And, again, thank you Andy and Neil!

DML Rules!

Rick