13.603 @ 99.35 N/A

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 23:53:24 EST

Hi guys (and gals). I know it's been a while since I've posted here,
but I just burned through about 4000 messages to catch up. LOL! Some
of you may remember that back in June I installed a Hughes HER2228AL
cam, Hughes Stage 1 ported R/T big valve heads milled for compression,
and port matched the M1 4bbl intake manifold. The rwhp went from 258
to 337, with the peak being somewhere above 6000, as it was still
climbing when we shut it down on the dyno. Before all that work my
best 1/4 was 14.3 @ 95mph. Afterward I was bogging on the low end,
and the best I could do was 14.7 @ 95mph. Was really screaming after
3000rpm, but even the 2400 stall converter wasn't enough to help the
low end loss. So, this weekend I had 4.56 gears installed. Man, that
did the trick! Driving around town is a blast, and even on the
highway it isn't that bad. 2400rpm at 60mph. With 26" slicks, the
effective ratio at the track is 4.91. To the guy who wrote a few
weeks ago that he's building a 318 because he feels the 360 is not as
rev happy, all I can say is, he's not driven my 360! LOL! If
anyone wants the details on all the mods I've done, check out my web
page. Temp was 55 degrees, air was dry, with a pretty stiff head
wind. Elevation in Jacksonville, NC is around 300 feet. Race weight,
me included, is 4450 pounds. With the OD off, I crossed the 1/4 right
at 6000.

Reaction .626
60 ft. 2.010
330 ft. 5.665
1/8 ET 8.758
1/8 MPH 79.51
1/4 ET 13.603
1/4 MPH 99.35

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.