Re: Re: 13.603 @ 99.35 N/A

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 19:41:31 EST

On Thu, 01 Nov 2001 06:46:28 -0500, jon@fast4x4.net ("Jon Smith")
wrote:
>Damn Terry, 4.56's???? What kind of revs do you turn on the interstate?

Not that bad really. 3000rpm at 80mph.

>When can we expect low 13's? :) Awesome times!

Thanks! Technically 2/10ths would do it, so maybe not too long.
Thinking about buying a set of 15x4 race wheels for the front, about
10 lbs each with the tires. That would drop a ton of unsprung weight
off the front, as these R/T wheels must have lead in them. Also,
going back to 28" slicks might be a good idea, as 4.91 effective ratio
is way deep, and I probably could afford to back off to 4.56 and still
have the tq I need.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.