Re: Re: M1 Install

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 19:49:53 EST

On Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:28:23 -0500, Anthony_Gonatas@ars.aon.com wrote:
>His stock run looks just like my Dyno run!
>http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dynoruns.jpg

Now that's interesting. At first I thought the above url was wrong,
but it works whether there's an "mia" in the middle or a "lig".
Weird. :-)

>Now Terry's Dyno with an M1,Mopar PCM and Exhaust got him an extra 60-70HP! in
>the upper band width vs the Beer Keg.
>M1 2barrel.

Just to clarify, I'm running an M1 4bbl. :-)

>I Currently have 180T-Stat, Autolites 3923, MagnaFlow Exhaust, K&N FIPK2, 50MM
>F&B TB. Next mod is a M1 2barrel. I going to hold off on the Cam & Heads. I

To really take advantage of the power in the higher rpm range, I
strongly recommend a 2400 stall converter, Neal Chance if want
quality. If you do the cam and heads, especially a cam that makes
power high, also plan on shorter gears to get into the upper rpm's
faster.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.