PINGING - Still exists, need help

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 20:33:40 EST

Ok, so I installed Autolite 3923's over this weekend.. Noticed a
significant increase HP with the butt dyno, and reduced my pinging, but
alast, it's still there... suggestions?? Current mods include:

Quick-D K&N intake
Gibson Catback
Hypertech PCM
180 Tstat
Autolite 3923's (gapped at .040)

Currently running 93 octane.. I have run with octane boost with the 93
octane (before putting in the autolites), which just about completely
eliminated the pinging.. running the 93 octane w/octane boost and autolite
3923's might do the trick (haven't tried yet), but with burning thru 20
gallons/week in gas, that gets to be expensive..... any other suggestions
so I don't need to use the extra octane boost?

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L