Parking Break Gave Up...

From: DakotaRebel (dakrebelchic@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 05:06:30 EST

Well... only had the truck for a month as of today, and already ran into my
first issue.

My parking break just didn't seem to be able to handle the truck, and aside
from just not disengaging properly like it should (had that problem from day
one) - the plastic piece on the lever almost sheared right off last night.
I was talking to Andy, and it seems I'm far from the first person to have
this issue. And since my truck is still under the 90 day dealership
warranty, I'm not worried about getting it repaired. But I do have a
question for anyone with an idea, particularly anyone that's had to deal
with this before. Is there a way I can help prevent this from happening
again? It seems Dodge used a wimpy piece of plastic for looks, but it just
doesn't have what it takes to stand up to daily use. Thanks for any
suggestions!

~ lora
DakotaRebel
DakotaRebel98@yahoo.com AIM: RebelFrst
http://jasiri177.freewebspace.com/images/RebelNH1.jpg
Rebel - 1998 Dakota Sport, Deep Amethyst. 2WD, V6 auto
Dual Exhaust, Mopar Roll Bar, Bed Rails, Drop In Liner,
KC Lights, Kenwood 10 Disc CD Changer & Stereo, Boston
Acoustics Speakers